WHAT IS YOUR WHY?
I wrestled with this question for many years. If you ask most people what their why is they will tell you they live for their children, or they live for their work, or they simply don’t know... I was in the don’t know camp.
I love singing opera, I love being a test analyst, a photographer, a blogger and embroidery artist but couldn’t honestly say I live for any one of those things.
I don’t plan to have any children because I my partner and I made the decision years ago that that wasn’t something we felt we wanted.
So what is my why? Why am I here...
I feel it’s important for us all to take the time to work out their higher level purpose because human beings need to have an aim. If you have no aim then it doesn’t matter what you do and that breeds apathy.
I’ve always believed It’s better to have an aim and miss than to have no aim at all.
So how did I find my why, and how can you find yours?
Find out on my latest blog post. Follow the link in my biog!
Why not carry on the conversation on this and other topics on my Facebook Group MEology Life (you can find a link on my blog page)
- - - - - - - - -
How did I find my why?
1. I wrote down all of my strengths, talents, skills, attributes.
2. I identified and wrote down my highest held core values.
3. I looked for patterns and connections between all of those things.
What did I find?
I found that what links my passions for music, performance, opera, photography, embroidery art, and psychology was story telling and communication.
I realised that my WHY was all about communicating the messages that are important.
- To tell my story about my journey with mental health, my fitness journey and to help others find themselves and to find joy after living with depression or anxiety.
- To communicate the beauty, power and emotion of music.
- To help others capture their stories in pictures and art.
If I am doing these things I know am living my life purposefully with real authenticity.